Friday, December 16, 2011

A tale of two different responses from federal electeds: the State Cow and Ridgefield Barbie.

Look I've written a few great SNR's in my time (Sincere Non-Responses) but I could write circles around the staff wienies who put this tripe together.

The Cow's response to the observation that Defense cant' stand the kind of hit her incompetence on the Super Committee might cause:

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for writing to me with your thoughts on funding for fiscal year 2012 in the Department of Defense (DoD) budget. I appreciate hearing from you.

The DoD budget includes funding for a vast array of goods and services, including the procurement of weapons and equipment, the recruitment and training of personnel, research and development of new technologies, and even health research programs and education funding. Some of these are provided directly by the DoD, and some are provided by public-private partnerships.

I believe the United States must maintain a strong military to meet the challenges of the 21st century. In January 2007, I was assigned to the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense, which oversees and directs defense spending. As the daughter of a World War II veteran, I am intimately aware of the sacrifice that so many men and women offer our country every day by serving in the Armed Forces. I also recognize the duty that we all have to honor their sacrifice by providing our servicemembers with the armor, equipment, and training they need to be successful in the field of combat and the services they need to be cared for when they return home.

I will continue my work on issues like increased pay, improved access to health care and providing the best equipment and training for the men and women of the world's finest military. I appreciate your input in this process and I will keep your thoughts in mind as the Senate considers the Fiscal Year 2012 Defense Appropriations bill.

If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at http://murray.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=GetEmailUpdates. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.


Sincerely,

Patty Murray

United States Senator


Compare Murray's SNR with Ridgefield Barbie's:
Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding support of our military members and veterans. It is an honor to represent the people of Southwest Washington and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

America's veterans created our country's independence, and America's veterans sacrificed to uphold our country's freedoms and safety. I am grateful for their sacrifices, and it concerns me when people do not show military members and veterans the respect and thanks they deserve. Our military has been strong in battle, unwavering in loyalty, and unmatched in honor and I commend them for their unparalleled bravery and service to this country. In going forward, I am committed to ensuring the military and our veterans have the support they need to protect this great nation.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. I invite you to visit my website at www.HerreraBeutler.house.gov for additional information or to sign up to be kept up to date on these issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Jaime Herrera Beutler
Member of Congress

Notice how the first SNR at least addressed the issue?

Frankly, I believe that Rick Larsen's drunks could do a better job.

But then, that's how Herrera rolls.

Cross posted on Clark County Politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it civil, people.